Shipping Label with Serial Shipping Container Code
The Serial Shipping Container Code is be used by companies in order to identify a logistic unit, which can be any combination of trade items packaged together for storage or transport purposes, for example: a case, pallet or parcel.
Create SSCC pdf label online
In order to create your customised SSCC label:
- Update Free Text part entering sender and receiver information.
Update extension digit, GS1 company prefix ( 7 to 10 digits ),
Serial Number ( 6 to 9 digits ).
- Update and download resulting pdf label.
Contact us if you need to create pdf labels with your company specific, customised data: email@example.com
- The SSCC enables companies to track each logistic unit for efficient order and transport management and automated delivery and receipt of goods.
- The SSCC can be encoded in a bar code label ensuring the logistic unit can be accurately and easily identified as it travels between trading partners, anywhere in the world.
- since the SSCC provides a unique number for the logistic unit, companies can provide detailed information about the unit’s contents, which can then be communicated via an Advanced Shipping Notice (ASN) or EANCOM Despatch Advice prior to the unit’s arrival. Upon receipt, the logistic unit’s SSCC can be scanned, automatically linking the actual contents received to the contents communicated via the ASN or Despatch Advice. This can significantly speed up the receipt of goods as well as the subsequent invoicing process.
- THE SSCC IS FULLY COMPATIBLE WITH ISO/IEC 15459 – PART 1: UNIQUE IDENTIFIERS FOR TRANSPORT UNITS. THIS IS OFTEN REFERRED TO AS THE ISO LICENCE PLATE AND IS A PRE-REQUISITE FOR TRACKING AND TRACING LOGISTIC UNITS IN MANY INTERNATIONAL SUPPLY CHAINS.